Matthew R Lindberg MD
Covering all aspects of soft tissue pathology, this highly regarded volume in the Diagnostic Pathology series is an excellent point-of-care resource for pathologists at all levels of experience and training―both as a quick reference and as an efficient review to improve knowledge and skills. Specifically designed as a point-of-care resource, the updated third edition uses a templated, highly formatted design; concise, bulleted text; and superior color images throughout that demonstrate the variety of differentiating factors in soft tissue tumors.
- Includes new chapters on recently described entities such as superficial CD34-positive fibroblastic tumor and atypical spindle cell lipomatous tumor, with numerous images detailing characteristic histology for ease of recognition
- Covers recent advances and discoveries in immunohistochemistry and molecular pathology of soft tissue tumors, including new IHC antibodies FOSB and H3k27me3, ALK-1 expression in angiomatoid fibrous histiocytoma, and entries on BCOR-CCNB2 fusion-defined sarcoma, novel PDGFD rearrangements in dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans, and RB gene loss in acral fibromyxoma
- Includes extensive new 8th edition AJCC staging information for soft tissue sarcomas in convenient table format
- Features more than 2,000 annotated images throughout, including gross pathology, a wide range of stains, and detailed medical illustrations, with coverage of key diagnostic features for each tumor as well as morphologic variants
- Features easy-to-reference chapters that begin with Key Facts, followed by terminology, clinical issues, macro- and microscopic features, ancillary tests and a list of differential diagnoses with bulleted characteristics
- Provides an organized framework that includes “Approach to Diagnosis” chapters designed to help you successfully recognize and diagnose challenging soft tissue tumors with the availability of common patterns and histologic features
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase, which allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices
Note: Only Basic medical member can download this ebook. Learn more here!