Vania Nosé MD PhD
This expert volume in the Diagnostic Pathology series is an excellent point-of-care resource for practitioners at all levels of experience and training. Covering all areas of endocrine pathology, it incorporates the most recent clinical, pathologic, and molecular knowledge in this challenging field to provide a comprehensive overview of all key issues relevant to today’s practice. Richly illustrated and easy to use, the third edition of Diagnostic Pathology: Endocrine is a one-stop reference for accurate, complete pathology reports, ideal as a day-to-day reference or as a reliable training resource.
- Provides essential knowledge in all areas of endocrine pathology, including thyroid, parathyroid, pituitary, adrenal, paraganglia, pancreas, skin, neuroendocrine neoplasms, and inherited tumor syndromes―more than 150 diagnoses in all
- Offers a wealth of new information based on recently recognized and discovered endocrine diseases, as well as tumor types with important implications for patient care
- Includes new content on thyroid lesions and tumors now associated with DICER1 gene mutations; the correlation of newly characterized genetic abnormalities in endocrine tumors associated with responses to targeted therapies; and newly recognized syndromes, such as multiple endocrine neoplasia type 4 and type 5, glucagon cell hyperplasia and neoplasia, and others
- Meticulously edited by Dr. Vania Nosé with contributions from renowned pathologists to ensure that common/classic endocrine diagnoses as well as newly recognized diseases and unusual cases, are well covered
- Features nearly 2,200 high-quality images in print and online, including clinical and histologic images, gross pathology images, radiologic images, and full-color illustrations to help practicing and in-training pathologists reach a confident diagnosis
- Includes updated criteria, terminology, and classifications for a wide range of tumors according to the latest literature, including the 2022 WHO Endocrine and Neuroendocrine Tumors classification
- Employs consistently templated chapters, bulleted content, key facts, and annotated images for quick, expert reference at the point of care
- Includes the enhanced eBook version, which allows you to search all text, figures, and references on a variety of devices
Note: Only Basic medical member can download this ebook. Learn more here!